Thursday, September 6, 2012

Topic Choice

A. What is your topic and why?

Child play therapy is the topic I have chosen for my senior project. Child play therapy is something that I am interested in because it is a different way of being able to see what is going on through a child’s head without bombarding them with questions or emotionally and mentally damaging them even more than they may already be. Although it may not always work for every child it is still something that helps children relax and clear their minds while they are doing something every child loves to do, play.


 
B. What do you hope to accomplish this year with this topic?

This year I hope to learn more about child play therapy and to be able to help children with this form of therapy. I wish to learn how child therapy works, how it benefits a child, who else can or may benefit from it, and why people should turn to this therapy.
  • As an iPoly citizen, I plan to be more patient with people and sit down and actually listen to what the person speaking to me has to say. By doing so I would show improvement by helping people with their problems and making sure they know that they have someone to talk to helping them feel more at peace with themselves and less stressed.
  • As an effective communicator, I plan to be more involved. By doing this I can be able to see things differently and take things slower and actually know what exactly what is going on rather than just assuming and making blind statements or blind actions as well.
  • As an effective learner, I plan to get as involved with my topic as much as I possibly can. This will help me not only learn more about my topic but also end up having personal stories about my topic. By doing this I will learn more and enjoy my topic even more.
  • As an effective user of technology, I plan to use the internet as much as I need. I will use the internet to find new places where I can go to visit to learn more about my topic and meet new people who may have some stories to share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment