Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection


(1) Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
One of the things I am most proud of is that I was able to explain everything in detail making sure that everyone was understanding what I was saying. Another thing I am proud of is that I was able to talk about serious stories I came a cross throughout my senior project without breaking down in tears of frustration because of what these children had to go through and face. Overall I am really proud of my senior project as a whole I have gained so much knowledge through this experience and if it wasn't for this project I would most likely still be unsure of the career I wish to pursue. 


(2) Questions to Consider
a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?

AE       P          AP       CR       NC
P+ to an AE

b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?

AE       P          AP       CR       NC
P+ to an AE


(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
I think what worked the most throughout my senior project was having a mentor I was always able to talk to or email about any questions I had. 

(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
I think I would have really put more time into my Interviews and incorporated more follow up questions even if they were all questions I had already asked her the day or week before. (I had many informal interviews.)

(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?  Be specific and use examples. 
Well as I stated before I have gained so much knowledge on my topic and my career choice. Something else that has been helpfull was my time at the day care where I was always interacting with the children helping them with their homework, playing with them, and sometimes having to give them a talk about misbehaving. By completing my independent component hours I was able to understand the way children think, communicate, and react to certain things. I will be using what I learned throughout my time in college, and throughout my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment